Who has gone up, gone down or made the playoffs in English soccer this year?
Updated May 18 with Coventry City knocking out Notts County in League Two
Post on the 2017-18 Playoffs is here
In this post I am going to track all the promotions, relegations and playoffs at the end of the 2017-18 season, along with a few notes on each.
From Premier League down to the Championship:
- West Bromwich Albion
- Stoke City
- Swansea City
From the Championship Up to The Premier League:
- Wolverhampton Wanderers — get to know them here.
- Cardiff City
- Playoff winner: Either Fulham or Aston Villa. Final is May 26 at Wembley
From the Championship Down to League One:
- Sunderland (second relegation in a row)
- Burton Albion — get to know them here
- Barnsley — get to know them here
From League One Up to The Championship:
- Wigan Athletic — get to know them here
- Blackburn Rovers — get to know them here
- Playoff winner: Either Shrewsbury or Rotherham. Final is May 27 at Wembley
From League One Down to League Two:
- Oldham Athletic
- Norhtampton Town
- MK Dons
From League Two Up to League One:
- Accrington Stanley
- Luton Town
- Wycombe Wanderers
- Playoff winner: Either Exeter City or Coventry City. Final is May 28 at Wembley
From League Two Down to the National League (aka “Non-League Football”)
From the National League Up to League Two:
- Macclesfield Town
- Tranmere Rovers, who beat Boreham Wood, 2-1, in the playoff final on May 12.