At the end of every English Football League season, teams go up (promotion), go down (relegation), and go into the playoffs.
I have a whole post about who has already been promoted and relegated, which I am keeping updated.
So who is in the Football League playoffs? When are the games? How can I watch on American TV? Here you go.
Final Update May 29
Football League Championship Playoffs:
Fulham defeated Derby County, 2-1 on aggregate
- Friday May 11: Derby 1-0 Fulham
- Monday May 14: Fulham 2-0 Derby County
Aston Villa defeated Middlesbrough, 1-0 on aggregate
- Saturday May 12: Middlesbrough 0-1 Aston Villa.
- Tuesday May 15: Aston Villa 0-0 Middlesbrough
Football League Championship Final:
- Fulham 1-0 Aston Villa. Fulham are in the Premier League.
Football League One Playoffs:
Shrewsbury Town defeated Charlton Athletic, 2-0 aggregate.
- Thursday May 10: Charlton 0-1 Shrewsbury
- Sunday May 13: Shrewsbury 1-0 Charlton
Rotherham United defeated Scunthorpe United, 4-2 on aggregate.
- Saturday May 12: Scunthorpe 2-2 Rotherham.
- Wednesday May 16: Rotherham 2-0 Scunthorpe
Football League One Final:
- Rotherham United 2-1 Shrewsbury Town. Rotherham are in the Championship.
Football League Two Playoffs:
Exeter City defeated Lincoln City, 3-1, on aggregate
- Saturday May 12: Lincoln City 0-0 Exeter.
- Thursday May 17: Exeter City 3-1 Lincoln City
Coventry City defeated Notts County, 5-2 on aggregate
- Saturday May 12: Coventry City 1-1 Notts County.
- Friday May 18: Notts County 1-4 Coventry City
Football League Two Final:
- Coventry City 3-1 Exeter City. Coventry are in League One.
National League Playoff Final:
Tranmere Rovers, despite playing 89 minutes down a man after a first-minute red card, beat Boreham Wood, 2-1, in the final at Wembley Stadium on May 12. They will be in League Two next year.